How to unshare data on MTN in 2023
Many people are still in the dark on how to unshare data on MTN, you may ne looking for a gown to unshare your data with someone you shared it with before.
For now, there is no straight way to unshare data on MTN, but we figure out some ways you can unshare your data without even letting the benefactor know. That is without their knowledge.
How to unshare data on MTN
Unlike another network provider in Nigeria, where the benefactor will have to access the net using your data connection. Once you share data with someone, the benefactor will be able to use the net whenever you are connected to the Internet till the data is exhausted. In most cases, they may out use the data more than you.
With MTN the benefactor doesn’t have to use the data directly from you instead, you will gift or transfer some amount of data to the person. They will have to use it till when it is exhausted, they will no longer browse on their line until you gift or share other data with them.
So you see, there is no straight way in sharing data on MTN. The MTN shares data to gift data to the recipient.
Code to unshare data on MTN
For now, there is no particular code used in sharing data on MTN. To gift or share data with your friend on MTN simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the messaging app on your mobile phone, and text Del + Number to MTN.
That was simple wasn’t it, now let’s check out how to share data on MTN and how to know how many people are sharing your data.
Code to know who is sharing your MTN Data
In somcasesse, someone might themselves data from your data without your prior notice. So to prevent this and to find out the culprit you will have to use some codes to find out who is sharing your data.
Some people may suggest you dial *131*2# or better still try using this code *131*2*1#. It may not work since MTN had updated some of those posts. You should try using this code to check who is sharing your MTN data. Simply dial *++–# or send ‘List’ to ++–, to see the list of the phone numbers sharing your data with you.
How to share/Gift data in MTN
There are three ways you can use in sharing data with your friends and loved ones in MTN. Below are the methods involved in sharing data with your loved ones and friends.
- Through SMS
- Through the MTN Mobile app
- Through Ussd
1. Through SMS
Using the sms method is quite simple and easy, just follow the steps below;
- Open your phone message app
- Type “Tradnfer” followed by the benefactor’s number and the day amount you want to share. E.g, Transfer 08012345678 500
- Send the message to 131
- You will receive a confirmation message to know whether your data transfer was successful.
2. Using the Ussd code method
This is one of the easiest and most effective methods of sharing data on MTN. To share data using this method you will need to follow the steps below;
- Dial *131*7# on your phone’s caller app.
- Select option 1: Transfer from data balance.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number.
- Select the amount of data to send.
- Select option 1: Confirm the transaction.
3. Using the Mobile app method
You can also share your data on MTN using the Mobile app. Note that you will need an internet connection to share data on the MTN app.
- Login to your MyMTN mobile app. If you don’t have the app, you can download it here and register your details.
- On the app’s homepage, click on the “Share” option.
- You will be shown data and airtime sharing options. Select “Data”.
- Enter the amount of data you wish to share and the recipient’s phone number.
- Select “Proceed”.
You cannot unshare data on MTN, because you can’t share data on MTN. Unlike every other network provider in Nigeria, you can’t share your data with anyone on MTN.
You can only gift out some of your data plans to your friends allowing them access to the internet.
Note, their data will be discontinued once they exhaust the data plan gifted to them